So how are you going to start our day; But before that we need to set a few rules that I advice you to follow:
1.You don’t need to measure your weight every single day or else you will become obsessive with that number you want to reach. Plus research studies have shown a good relationship between bad mood and the urge to eat, therefore, if you stand on the scale everyday with no kilos dropping, you will definitely have a bad mood and as a result your body will ask for food (especially that fat junky food) and your diet is broken! Standing on the scale once a month is more than enough to know exactly how many kilos you’ve lost throughout the month. Your clothes, on the other hand, are like your best friends, they will tell you the truth and nothing but the truth.
2. Write down what you’ve eaten throughout the day and stick to it! Get a notebook and set the following table on it:
Honestly register what you eat! You won’t be cheating anyone but yourself😉 As for the extras: register the snacks that you eat between meals, I don’t mean chips and chocolates! I mean healthy snacks like fruits, veggies, and if you’re good you can add a small piece of dark chocolate🙂
Water: you should at least drink 9 glasses of water everyday!
3. Drink lots of water: drinking water before your meal can reduce up to 20% of what you eat. So drink a glass of water before every meal, drink water when you feel hungry, and drink water whenever you have a few minutes to kill; Basically drink water all the time🙂
4. If you had your meal, snack and drank water but you’re still hungry go and brush your teeth🙂 it’s effective I promise!
5. No Sodas or alcohol drinks whatsoever! If you can’t help it try to drink diet sodas once a day ONLY!
Now back to our food schedule:
Breakfast: Of course start with a glass of water and I advice you to drink a glass of milk as well (skimmed milk or full fat if you can’t stand the skimmed one) then start with your breakfast. You have the choice of the following:
- You can start with a bowel of cereal, not the corn one, choose one that is designed for diets, I honestly got used to the whole wheat ones and stopped eating the corn based flakes! Special K from kellogg’s, is really good and my favourite is the one with berries! You can also try the Nestle fitness one, personally I didn’t like it, it tasted too sweet for me. There are other brands that you can try but make sure the cereal you choose is whole wheat instead of corn! You can add fruits to your bowel, fruits like strawberries, blueberries, cranberries or any other kind of berries! Berries are full of anti oxidants and taste really good and will give you a great boost.
- If you’re not a fan of cereals or you’re just bored and you want to have another thing for breakfast try having the Halloumi Cheese let’s say 80 g of Halloumi and spread it on a medium brown sandwich roll with a leaf of lettuce. You can also add a slice of turkey and eat tomato and cucumber with it. You get to have 5 olives as well. This is my favourite breakfast and I always enjoy it with a nice cup of tea.
- You can also start your day with a boiled egg with brown bread, cucumber and tomato
- If you don’t like any of the above, how about a bowel of yoghurt and berries, or apples, or any other fruit? But make sure you don’t mix more than three kinds of fruit in one meal.
Lunch: You can repeat what you had on breakfast or you can follow the following suggestions, but first, drink a glass of water🙂
- A bowel of salad with a grilled chicken (which you can basically find in any restaurant) as for the dressing, I would very much recommend the Greek dressing (olive oil, a bit of salt and lemon) but if you can’t eat it without the Caesar dressing, for example, try to add a bit of it only.
- A medium brown bread or one brown toast with grilled piece of chicken and olives is also an option (I will present other healthy, tasty lunch recipes in other tips)
Dinner: As for dinner you have a choice to eat anything you want but in small doses and of course drink a glass of water before you start!
- A bowel of salad and grilled chicken breast with steamed vegetables (especially broccoli! it’s my favourite and it’s very healthy! other vegetables like peas, carrots, squash, courgette, hmmm and many more)
- A bowel of salad and a steak with steamed vegetables
- A bowel of salad and any kind of seafood (cooked, steamed, grilled but NOT fried!)
- A bowel of salad and spaghetti Bolognese with a bit of parmesan cheese, mind you with pastas I would very much recommend you with light sauces instead of sauces that include cream!
So bottom line, you can have anything but in small doses and not fried! You should start with a bowel of salad and you can add a bit of rice if you want to any meal. I would say 3 – 5 spoons of rice with your dinner.
Finally Snacks: you should have two snacks a day, one between breakfast and lunch, the other one between lunch and dinner. You can eat one kind of fruit in every snack and/or one kind of vegetable. And good news… you can have a little piece of DARK chocolate every other day!
Flash news: choose a FREE DAY once a week and stick to it! You can eat WHATEVER you want on this day! Yohoooo!
I will give out healthy, tasty, Mediterranean recipes in the following tips! So stay tuned and start with this new diet today! See you’re eating everything!!! It’s very easy to follow this programme!
See you next tip with great healthy recipes🙂